Thursday, October 1, 2015

DO YOU NOTICE THE WONDERFUL EFFECT THAT DOGS HAVE ON PEOPLE?

Yesterday I attended an all day workshop. I only attended it for one day but it extended over the course of 3 days. The moderator said that at the end of each day the presenters and people that assisted them were exhausted. So in order to lift their spirits and regain their energy, they spent the time with therapy dogs at the conclusion of each day. I was wondering why I saw a cute little Beagle and a black Lab walking around the grounds!

Do you ever notice the smiles on people’s faces when a dog enters the room? I see this reaction every day when I take my dog, Pappy, to the nursing home that my mother resides in. All of the energy in the place becomes more electric when he struts in wagging his tail. Staff as well as residents scream out his name and squeal with delight as soon as they see Pappy. If I dare to enter the facility alone I see the look of disappointment on everyone’s faces. They immediately ask me where Pappy is and I promise them that I will bring him tomorrow so that I can see those bright, smiling faces once again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

VIDEOS

VIDEOS 2

VIDEO 3